Friday 27 March 2015

It came pre-broken...





During December some kindly old Gentleman, whilst parking, drove into the back of my Rover, at some speed. He broke it spectacularly and as a result my insurance company insisted I didn't drive it. Citing issues such as *really bloody dangerous* and *never a good idea to have four wheels facing different directions* and *we'd prefer you to have brakes and such*...

As a result they took it away from me, which was a bit awkward seeing as how I need a car for work. Not just getting to and from but during...

So I looked around...bear in mind this was the week before Xmas and there were precious few cars available. I found, via AutoTrader, a C5 Citroen Estate, diesel, at almost the right money. It was A1 and brilliant, apparently. One careful owner, full service history...

Yeah...the Citroen turned into a Citron as soon as I left the yard with it...so far I've replaced the clutch, two side impact sensors, a chunk of exhaust and two tyres. And yesterday as a mark of thanks it failed its MOT.

AAAAND I'm now in the position where I've thrown SO much money at it that I can't afford for it not to pass its MOT. And I STILL need a car for work. So....

I asked the Condensed Wisdom of The Facebooks whether Crowdfunding would be relevant. I am in this mess entirely because I jumped in with both feet and with eyes closed. I needed a car so badly I didn't do all the checks I should. So mea maxima culpa...however...I do need a car for work. And specifically this one as I say I need to get at least a year out of it to make it anywhere near cost effective.

I *am* doing other stuff to raise money, including Lots of Moving People and such. But that is going to take a while. And as I said, the car is needed ASAP.

So...as the Condensed Wisdom of Facebook said *If you do it, we'll see what happens...some people would actually happily help* then I've done this.

All I can offer is my undying thanks and some more Seren a PUPPYDOG! stories...

Thanks,

Gaz

No comments:

Post a Comment